The Skin Care Edit

I love having a skin care routine that I can stick to. It keeps me from feeling cluttered, which I find most useful at night when I’m abo...

I love having a skin care routine that I can stick to. It keeps me from feeling cluttered, which I find most useful at night when I’m about to start on a bunch of schoolwork, and in the morning before I start my day. Over the years I’ve tried many regimes that involves a ridiculous amount of products. Although lately I’ve noticed that my skin seemed to be complying to the ‘simple is best’ rule. Here’s a rundown of the products that I’ve been loving

The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Wash
One word for this one—AMAZEBALLS. This is my second bottle after a year or so of not using it. It’s the best especially if you have acne prone, combination skin. I love it because it’s a no-fuss, simple, face wash. It leaves your skin feeling clean af without stripping it off of its natural moisture. Along with my moisturizer, I use this twice every single day. 

The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
I just got back to using this product 2 weeks ago. Before that I used TBH’s Vitamin E Moisture Cream and it was just too oily for my skin. This one though, is amazing because it literally gets rid of shine right after you apply it. Although its mattifying effect only lasts for a couple of hours, it’s still a decent moisturizer to help retain moisture and keeps you from having dry and tight skin. 


Neutrogena Grapefruit Scrub
You can only find Neutrogena in certain places around Jakarta, so it's relatively hard to get your hands on their products unless you travel outside the country a lot. This particular scrub I got from a friend a few months back during her trip to Germany. The one thing that I love about this stuff is its delicious fruity scent. Otherwise, it's an OK scrub, it gets the job done. I wouldn't recommend using it as a daily cleanser though, as it can be a little too rough on your skin. I once had to use this for 3 days straight, and ended up with tiny red scars dotted all over my face. Never doing that again. Nowadays I only use this once or twice a week when I feel like I need some heavy duty cleansing. 

JUARA Turmeric Antioxidant Radiant Mask 
Oh my God... If you've never heard of JUARA before, listen up. JUARA's a local brand (although it's manufactured in New York, I think), and their products are the bomb dot com, seriously. If you're into natural, organic stuff, I highly recommend this brand. The turmeric mask is awesome because it leaves your skin feeling supple and looking radiant. I love using it after scrubbing my face, as it opens up my pores and allows for better absorption of the product. 

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil 
Last but not least, I use this 100% natural tea tree oil from TBS as my spot treatment. It's not as effective as benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid but it's natural and safe for your skin. You know that feeling when you know exactly what goes on to your skin? This oil gives you that feeling, along with clear skin for the long run. 


I find that sticking to a simple routine works best for my skin. Whatever products you use, make sure to be consistent and actually give it time to work. 
Kei

You Might Also Like

0 comments