Chocolate Mango Smoothie Bowl

Contradictory to my last post, I'm going to be sharing a smoothie bowl recipe that I've been making for the past two days. It&...



Contradictory to my last post, I'm going to be sharing a smoothie bowl recipe that I've been making for the past two days. It's super easy, and tastes freakin awesome. 

For the base, you'll need 2 mangoes + 3 bananas (they're better off cold or frozen), and any nut milk (I used soy). The milk gives a creamy taste, which I like. But it also liquidizes the end product, so add to your preferred consistency. If you prefer your smoothie stiff, you can freeze your milk into little ice cubes, although I'm obviously too lazy to do that haha. 


Here's a look inside my blender. Don't forget to use ripe fruits! Bananas are ripe when they're completely yellow and slightly spotty (too much spots usually mean mushy bananas). It's harder to tell with mangoes, but they'll be soft to the touch. Try pressing a finger gently on a mango and see if you can make a dent.

For the toppings, I added this dark chocolate and banana granola from Granola Creations (this brand has a similar taste to Nalu!) and a handful of frozen raspberries. Sometimes I like to add berries to the smoothie base, but that'll rule out the mango flavor for this recipe. If you can't get your hands on this particular dark chocolate granola, you can use regular granola and flavor it with vegan cacao or cocoa powder.

Here's a recap of the recipe:

Base Ingredients:
  • 3 bananas
  • 2 mangoes
  • Nut milk
Toppings:
  • Dark chocolate granola (or granola + cacao) 
  • Frozen raspberries
Basically just blend the base ingredients and top with the toppings. Super easy. This recipe is totally flexible too. You can substitute the mangoes with say, papaya or berries. Just make sure to keep the bananas. You can play around with the toppings too. Anyway, this smoothie bowl combo is THE BOMB. Definitely worth a try. 

Next time, I'll share another combo that's as delicious.

Kei

You Might Also Like

2 comments