The Future and The Present

I like to think that we all picture our future self as one who is kind, and giving, and truthful. A living dictionary of positive adjective...

I like to think that we all picture our future self as one who is kind, and giving, and truthful. A living dictionary of positive adjectives. Ever wonder when selfishness will kick in and change this idealistic nature into a materialistic one? Because even at this age, we already crave success and all that it can buy for us. Isn't that the reason behind our frantic forage for the perfect education? To get that Ivy League stamp on our CVs, so that we can make it to some big shot career?

But if we look past success and its glory... can we still find ourselves then? Can we accept a future where content is not money and cars, but the accomplishment of something good? Or are we not like that anymore?

I wish we can stay idealistic forever. Tapi kata 'idealis' sendiri itu subjektif. Jadi yang di gue idealis, mungkin di lo engga. So before you start judging (or not, bless you), know that I'm not trying to speak for anyone here. This was just a piece of thought that's been running around my head these couple of days. I've been thinking a lot about the future, actually. Writing it down is just me procrastinating. But who knows, maybe one or two of you actually feel the same way...

Let me know so we can discuss it over coffee or something, lol


Kei

You Might Also Like

0 comments