Where I'm Headed

Long ago before I was mentally and physically drained by the devil that is IB, I had everything neatly planned out. I wanted (past tense)...

Long ago before I was mentally and physically drained by the devil that is IB, I had everything neatly planned out. I wanted (past tense) to be an architect. I had my dream schools listed, Cornell being number one. I set goals for my academics, and they too were ridiculously high. But I knew what I wanted, and it was that content feeling that kept me sane back then. However, a few rocky bumps hit me along the way and for the first time ever, I found myself lost. It was horrible, and I can still vividly remember my struggle to get past that stupid feeling. It was to a point where my grades just plunged down the drain--along with my care for the world. I became someone who I never wanted to be. The bottom line is, it sucked. 

So I took my time during this one week break to really think about my future. I have this dilemma that's always nagging me to not throw away the possibility of working in design, even though I know that wherever I'll go, I'll end up doing some kind of business. For the past few months I've been juggling between Psychology, Business Management and Design.Who knew that I would get inspired by people like Mauricio Umansky and Ivanka Trump? They both work in real estate and development, respectively. I'm starting to really dig the idea of owning a developing firm, where I'll get to build properties and actually design them together with architects and interior designers. Now that, would be the dream. 


I guess at the end of the day I wasn't too worried about my undergrad major anymore. As long as I get my MBA I'll be fine, ha. But most importantly, I now have a decent picture of what my career should look like in the upcoming future. Let's just hope that I can work my way up to it. 

Kei

You Might Also Like

0 comments